The Digital Literacy Schools Grants opened Monday 19 September. These grants encourage and facilitate implementation of the new Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies. Grants will be awarded for project proposals that demonstrate innovative methods for driving enhanced digital literacy in schools.
Grant proposals must:
- Focus on school based activities or programs that support school leaders and teachers to understand and implement the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies on a whole of school basis, and/or;
- Engage students with the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies.
Examples of projects could include:
- Partnership models where a school partners with one or more schools to exchange best practice, ideas and innovation;
- Partnerships between a school (or schools) with industry to access professional expertise and/or equipment to implement the digital technologies curriculum;
- Leveraging off existing facilities to establish cross curriculum ‘creation/fabrication’ spaces including 3D printers and laser cutters;
- Supporting professional development for principals and school leaders to become ICT champions through facilitated learning and/or other training methods to transfer their learnings to other teachers.
Guidelines are available at https://docs.education.gov.au/documents/dlsg-guidelines . Further information on this initiative, including FAQS and the application pack are available at www.education.gov.au/inspiring-all-australians-digital-literacy-and-stem.
Digital Technologies Hub is live and available for use for teachers, school leaders and parents, visit www.digitaltechnologieshub.edu.au.